Associate Art Director, Digital
JVA Campaigns is an award-winning public affairs and political consulting firm that specializes in direct mail and digital advertising. Our work is all over the country but we are based in Columbus, Ohio. Our political clients span the spectrum of the progressive movement – candidates, labor unions, state parties, caucuses, advocacy organizations, and nonprofits. Our work on the public affairs side includes projects for AT&T, Cargill, PhRMA, Hillel, Penn National Gaming, and Planned Parenthood.
JVA Campaigns is hiring an Associate Art Director to manage all aspects of our digital creative, including the creation of static ads, animation, videos, and website design. We work in a fastpaced, ever-changing environment and need someone who can work with internal staff as well as our external contract artists, animators, and editors to ensure client brand consistency across all digital platforms.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- High level of creative sophistication - ability to create fresh, bold designs that capture the attention of the intended audience
- Proven experience designing with digital in mind
- Expertise ideating across multiple digital/interactive/social media channels
- Manage fast-moving projects for multiple clients simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with Art, Digital, and Client Services teams to ensure creation of excellent screen-oriented content for clients
- Recruit and manage contract/freelance professionals, including graphic designers, motion graphics specialists, video editors, and web developers and succeed in obtaining their best work
- Track the status of jobs using our online workflow manager and manage art proofs in our web-based editing program
- Generally do whatever it takes to get the job done right
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 4+ years of professional design experience, preferably in a corporate or agency environment
- Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not required; this is a great position for someone who is looking to step into a management role
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint preferred
- Previous experience working and thriving in a team environment
- Proven ability to work independently, be well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Enthusiasm for creating good design
- Good sense of humor!
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to be taught
A few more things:
This is a full-time position at our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, working remotely is currently an option, but we would prefer someone who resides in the greater Columbus area and would be able to work in our office once the pandemic resides.
We provide medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance on day one, with eligibility to our 401k plan, including an employer match, after one year of employment. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with “Associate Art Director” in the subject line.
JVA Campaigns is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a diverse and dynamic workforce.